Here at Mrs. B's, we are proud to call Brighton home! Our community is rich with history, nature, and beauty. We would love to share some notable facts about our little town:
Brighton was originally called Singleton's Corners, but was renamed in 1831.
Rum-running took place from the Presqu'ile Peninsula during Prohibition in the United States.
After the opening of the Murray Canal in 1899, the Government Dock was used to run ferry service to and from ports such as Toronto and Rochester, as well as other ports in New York State. This drew many visitors to the popular Presqu'ile Hotel & Dance Pavilion.
Presqu'ile Provincial Park is a beautiful spot for cycling, hiking, camping, bird watching, swimming and more! It is also home to Canada's 2nd oldest lighthouse.
Brighton is home to the Proctor House Museum; a 19th century stately home, that once belonged to a wealthy businessman in the shipping industry.
The area has been known for growing apples for at least two centuries.
Brighton is a community full of talented artisans, and small, locally owned, businesses.